Today in Science Class:
1. Work on "Rotation". More information is found below.
2. Work on Edmentum Power Standard 2
Directions to find the "Earth's Motions" Power Standard 2 materials:
Log into Edmentum Plato.
Click on "Flex Assignments"
Go to "Power Standard 2
Complete the lesson, applicatation and as many of the 8 practice tests as you can.
Concept One: Rotation.
Describe the rotation of the Earth.
Describe the rotation of the Moon.
Describe the rotation of the planets in our solar system.
Describe the relationship between the rotating earth and sun.
Describe the relationship between the rotating moon and earth.
Describe the relationship between the rotating earth and moon.
Describe the relationship between the rotating earth and the rotation of other planets in our solar system. Example: Compare the rotational times of Earth to the other planets.
Directions: In your paper notebook, complete the tasks listed above. You may draw diagrams and write paragraphs to help you describe your understanding of the concepts listed.
How to know that you've mastered the concept:
1. Can you pick out the correct response from a set of multiple choice answers?
2. Can you explain it in a written response?
3. Can you demonstrate the concept using a model or diagram?
4. Can you teach it to someone that is having trouble understanding it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkWyM-M8o0c&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA8A14EA061328EDC - Earth’s rotation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exIpL0Uhr_k&feature=related - moons rotation
4. Online Textbook
Absent Students: Work on Concept One